Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting Ready!

Good morning everyone!  I completely forgot to sit down and blog yesterday.  I woke up and decided I would go ahead and write since this will be the last entry for Maggie and the BURBS!.  My brother arrives next week and I have decided that as his big sister, I would create a blog for both of us.  I have not finished setting up the new page but be sure to keep an eye out for a new URL in the coming weeks.  Speaking of my brother, I had just about finished everything I could do for his welcome home.  I had left food in his crib, I had saved some milk for him under the couch, I stored LEGO men and car wheels in special hiding places so he would be excited to play when he found them and I tested all his baby equipment out so that it would be safe.  Unfortunately, my parents found all of the food, milk and toys and took them away!  How am I supposed to take care of my sweet baby brother if my parents keep ruining my surprises?  I guess I will just have to outsmart my mom.  We have lots planned this week because my mom is constantly reminding me that this is the last week I will be an only child.  We have already gone swimming, to the library and the playground and we still have more to do.  I hear we are going to the zoo and I have also been promised bagels with my daddy one morning.  I cannot wait for the baby to get here.  I hope he brings chocolate to share.  I think that would be a nice thing for him to do.  I will take lots of pictures when he arrives and post them ASAP.  Well, I still have lots to do.  Better be going.  -Maggie     







This week: I read books with my dad, I spied on my neighbors, I went swimming and it rained on us, I tested the baby's toys for safety and I finished painting our room.