Tuesday, August 11, 2009

They took away my pacifier...

Good afternoon everyone! Well, I am doing better than expected. As of last week, I am no longer allowed to have my pacifier. I am sad but I understand. I have written a list of pros and cons and I would like to share my list with you. Pro, I smile more. Con, I miss it. Pro, I can sing and laugh really loud and not worry about my pacifier falling out. Con, I wish I still had it. Pro, I am learning how to speak more clearly and people understand me. Con, I have nothing to suck on. Pro, everyone thinks I am beautiful now. Con, I really really want it. After I looked at all the pros and cons, I realized I do not need my pacifier. I have now willingly given it up and I am proud of myself. I guess that is on the "pro" list also. In other news, I had my last day of swim lessons today. I can kick my legs, float on my back and go all the way under water. My teacher said I was like a fish. I like fish. I am disappointed that my lessons are over. At first, I was unsure and a little scared of the big pool. Now, I can't get enough. I would live in the pool if my mom would serve my meals in there and let me watch Dora the Explorer while I blew bubbles. Unfortunately, I am land bound. I guess there are great things to do on land also. I can ride my bike, run and play on the slides. Speaking of slides, I am late for my playground date. I hope my mom is ready. Better go! Until next week (or as some of you may have noticed, it is more like every other week)... -Maggie
This week: I wrote my blog, I vegged out and watched TV, I sang karaoke, I played in the park, I made improvements to my sippy cup (if you notice, I have added a straw), I got a balloon and I dressed myself.